Clinics and Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Asthma/COPD – weekly review clinics held at Green Road and Woodley.
- Diabetes – fortnightly clinics at both surgeries.
- Blood tests – by appointment at both surgeries. Early morning appointments are available from 7am each Thursday at Green Road.
- Carer medicals – if you are a carer please book with a healthcare assistant for a health check
- Cervical smears – by appointment with the Practice Nurses at both surgeries.
- Contraceptive services – a comprehensive service is offered with caps, coils and implants fitted Dr Thilo as well as advice on all methods of contraception ask about Saturday Clinics
- Child health clinic – every Thursday morning 09:00 – 11:45 at the The Ambleside Children’s Centre, Woodley or the first Tuesday of each month 10:00 – 12:00 at The Park United Reformed Church Hall, Palmer Park Avenue, Earley.
- Childhood immunisations – clinics held at Green Road Surgery on Thursday mornings and Woodley Surgery on Wednesday mornings at 11am.
- Dietary advice – dietician available at Woodley via GP referral
- Ear Syringing- our healthcare assistants can do this if you have had drops for 2 weeks
- NHS health checks- you can book these directly if you are 45-75 and are not seen for other reasons.
- Physiotherapy – via a GP referral.
- Psychiatric Nurse – via a GP referral.
- Smoking cessation- we can offer advice and encouragement
- Vaccinations and immunisations – including travel.
- Well man/woman health checks
- Youth counselling service –ask to be referred as this happens on site (run by ARC)